• "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all." Harriet Van Horne
  • "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." Virginia Woolf
  • "C is for cookie, it's good enough for me; oh cookie cookie cookie starts with C." Cookie Monster

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer Tortellini Salad

I made this salad for our annual Bear Lake camping trip with the Billquist's. My sister-in-laws loved it and requested the recipe, so I thought I would share with everyone!

This recipe comes from The Pampered Chef.

Summer Tortellini Salad

1 package (9 oz) uncooked refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley
1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside in a large bowl. Chop up vegetables.
2. Add vegetables to tortellini. Pour salad dressing and grate Parmesan cheese over the salad. Mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Nutrition Information:
Serving Size: 1 cup; 180 calories, 3 g fat, 21 g carbohydrate, 7 g protein, 290 mg sodium, 3 g fiber


**I did a few alterations to my recipe - I used an entire 20 oz package of tortellini (adds more carbs, but I love pasta!). If I had used the 9 oz package of pasta, I would have used less dressing. I like to taste the things in the salad, not just the dressing! I also sliced up several baby carrots instead of using one large carrot.

2 comments:

Natalie Billquist said...

Yummm! Thanks Laura. I can't wait to have it again.

Korrie Davis said...

Is this the salad you made last summer?